#DBHangOps 04/16/14 -- PLMCE Learnings and Defending your DBs!
Check out the recording below:
Join in #DBHangOps this Wednesday, April, 16, 2014 at 12:00pm pacific (19:00 GMT), to participate in the discussion about:
- Learnings from Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo
- Defending your databases!
Be sure to check out the #DBHangOps twitter search, the @DBHangOps twitter feed, or this blog post to get a link for the google hangout on Wednesday!
See all of you on Wednesday!
Learnings from Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo
- Particularly exciting/enjoyable talks
- Webscalesql -- http://webscalesql.org/
- Pretty exciting to have a common upstream branch that major organizations are pushing changes and fixes into
- Take aways
- Enabling GTIDs in an online cluster
Defending your Database
- How do you defend your database from your own services?
- Killing connections based on thresholds
- What are critical metrics to measure?
- Slave availability for serving reads -- e.g. "7/10 slaves are available, we're okay"
- Have slaves publish information to a service about their health (e.g. Zookeeper)
- If a slave deems itself unhealthy, start throttling itself