#DBHangOps 02/19/14 -- More Routines. More shard-query. More, more, more!
Join in #DBHangOps this Wednesday, February, 19, 2014 at 12:00pm pacific (20:00 GMT), to participate in the discussion about:
- Follow-up discussion on routines, functions, and trigger
- Justin Swanhart to demo more of shard-query and flexviews!
Be sure to check out the #DBHangOps twitter search, the @DBHangOps twitter feed, or this blog post to get a link for the google hangout on Wednesday!
See all of you on Wednesday!
Follow-up discussion on routines, functions, and trigger
- STK/Unit can help you debug and test stored routines
- Dynamic SQL can only be executed using the "PREPARE" clause
- stored routines can't create events
- can't use load file, load data infile, can't create stored routines/triggers
- Event scheduler in MySQL -- similar to crontab in Linux
- Events can execute statements or stored routines automatically
- can setup events that are "self-destructing" (delete the event when it's done)
- each invocation of an event runs within its own thread
- a dummy thread is created for each event that is executed
- WARNING: Events replicate to slaves but are disabled by default -- http://datacharmer.blogspot.co.il/2009/03/something-to-know-about-event-scheduler.html
Justin Swanhart's shard-query demo part 2